16 Sep Engineer – Project Manager
Navanex specializes in naval architecture and marine engineering. Located in the city of Gaspé, Navanex works in collaboration with the Forillon Naval Shipyard. Our company stands out for its extensive knowledge of shipbuilding and for its dedication to complete customer support. Navanex’s mission is to simplify naval architecture, design innovative boats, and offer marine engineering services to the people of the sea.
Navanex is booming and we are looking for an engineer to occupy a key position within our young and dynamic Gaspé-based team.
- Undergraduate engineering degree
- 5 to 10 years’ experience
- A good knowledge of design software such as AutoCAD, Inventor and Nastran or equivalent
- Knowledge of French 4/5 (spoken and written) and English 4/5 (spoken and written)
- Management of engineering projects
- Design, technical drawing, and 3D modelling
- Performing material strength calculations, finite element analysis of mechanical assemblies, and writing technical reports
- Optimization of hull structure arrangement and ship weight management
- Propulsion arrangement design, selection and integration of mechanical equipment
- Performing ship systems-related calculations (fluid flow, heat transfer, etc.)
- Solving problems and making the decisions necessary to improve the productivity and profitability of production within the company
- Participating in the research and development of new systems.
What sets you apart from others:
- You are interested in the maritime field and shipbuilding
- You are attracted to the Gaspé region with its nature, its warm people, and the outdoors
- You must be able to work independently, be resourceful and flexible, as you will sometimes be required to perform tasks and solve problems on your own
- You are attracted to the technologies that surround us
- Mathematical, scientific and technical drawing skills
- Aptitude for analysis and summarization, applying logical sense to the assessment of manufacturing and design problems and problem solving
- You must apply good judgment and demonstrate scientific rigour in finding solutions to a variety of design and production problems
- You will have to be meticulous, precise, and pay particular attention to detail as you will be designing products that must not contain any flaws
- Collaborative spirit with suppliers, technicians, and other engineers.
The opportunity to progress in an organization that has the wind in its sails and that thrives on challenges. And more!
- A permanent full-time position (40-hour week)
- A competitive salary based on your profile
- Access to a group insurance program and pension plan
- A great working atmosphere, very Gaspé!
- Flexible hours with the possibility of telecommuting (part-time).
If the time has come for you to take on a new challenge, send us your application and don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions or require any further information.