06 Oct Naval Architecture Technician
Navanex specializes in naval architecture and marine engineering. Located in the city of Gaspé, Navanex works in collaboration with the Forillon Naval Shipyard. Our company stands out for its extensive knowledge of shipbuilding and for its dedication to complete customer support. Navanex’s mission is to simplify naval architecture, design innovative boats, and offer marine engineering services to the people of the sea.
Navanex is booming and we are looking for a technician to occupy a key position within a young and dynamic team Gaspé-based team.
- Diploma in Naval Architecture Technology
- 5 to 10 years’ experience
- A good knowledge of design software such as AutoCAD, ShipConstructor, DELFTship or equivalent
- Knowledge of French 4/5 (spoken and written) and English 4/5 (spoken and written)
- Modelling innovative ships in 3D and drawing up assembly plans for various shipyards
- Assisting clients in the design of vessels and supporting them during the construction of their projects
- Demonstrating rigour in technical drawings and documents issued for approval to classification societies
- Demonstrating ingenuity and creativity in the design and integration of ship systems
- Understanding and applying the principles of ship stability to produce stability analyses and weight estimates
What sets you apart from others:
- Being passionate about the maritime field and shipbuilding
- You are attracted to the Gaspé region with its nature, its warm people, and the outdoors
- You must be able to work independently, be resourceful and flexible, as you will sometimes be required to perform tasks and solve problems on your own
- You are attracted to the technologies that surround us
- You must have good judgment and be able to guide yourself toward solutions to various design or production problems
- You will have to be meticulous, precise and pay attention to detail because you will have to design products that must not contain any flaws
The opportunity to progress in an organization that has the wind in its sails and that thrives on challenges. And more!
- A permanent full-time position (40-hour week)
- A competitive salary based on your profile
- Access to a group insurance program and pension plan
- A great working atmosphere, very Gaspé!
- Flexible hours with the possibility of telecommuting (part-time).
If the time has come for you to take on a new challenge, send us your application and don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions or if you require any further information.